The Personal Side of Our Practice
Our work is about people, plain and simple. We help people through life's struggles and help them find joy. We help people make stronger relationships and we help people excel in their lives and careers. Our providers and staff enjoy this work and the patients bring us joy. We are also all lifelong learners as we keep up with the psychiatric research and other mental health news.
Our biggest source of learning is our patients. Each patient gives us new insight in how to treat all of our patients better. We are grateful to our patients for the opportunity to treat them and to learn from them. Our patients give us an understanding of psychiatric illnesses in a way that a textbook never could. Because their experiences are such powerful tools in understanding the conditions, we have asked some of our patients if we could describe some of their experiences without mentioning any names or other identifying material. We often hear a resounding “Yes” as they want others to understand their conditions as it is experienced in real life.
- Mar 4, 2017 The Best Treatment for Depressive Symptoms isn’t Always an Antidepressant Mar 4, 2017
- Feb 25, 2017 Getting the "Woo Hoo" back! Feb 25, 2017
- Apr 23, 2017 May- Mental Health Awareness Month-by Dr. Gavin Meany Apr 23, 2017
- Apr 23, 2017 May Mental Health Awareness Month Apr 23, 2017
- Feb 4, 2017 "To Just Be a Normal Mom" Overcoming Ruminations in OCD Feb 4, 2017