The Personal Side of Our Practice
Our work is about people, plain and simple. We help people through life's struggles and help them find joy. We help people make stronger relationships and we help people excel in their lives and careers. Our providers and staff enjoy this work and the patients bring us joy. We are also all lifelong learners as we keep up with the psychiatric research and other mental health news.
Our biggest source of learning is our patients. Each patient gives us new insight in how to treat all of our patients better. We are grateful to our patients for the opportunity to treat them and to learn from them. Our patients give us an understanding of psychiatric illnesses in a way that a textbook never could. Because their experiences are such powerful tools in understanding the conditions, we have asked some of our patients if we could describe some of their experiences without mentioning any names or other identifying material. We often hear a resounding “Yes” as they want others to understand their conditions as it is experienced in real life.
- Jan 19, 2018 Advocacy Jan 19, 2018
- Mar 4, 2017 The Best Treatment for Depressive Symptoms isn’t Always an Antidepressant Mar 4, 2017
- Feb 25, 2017 Getting the "Woo Hoo" back! Feb 25, 2017
- Jul 20, 2017 "To Just Be a Normal Mom" Overcoming Ruminations in OCD Jul 20, 2017
- Jul 22, 2017 Psychiatric Medication Discussions Jul 22, 2017
Psychiatry in the Movies
- Feb 29, 2016 Previewing movie Touched with Fire Feb 29, 2016