Creating Pathways to Wellness Through Mental Health Treatment
We live in a society that rewards working long hours and having overbooked schedules. Everyone talks about work/life balance, but the expectations we put on ourselves at home and in the office leave us feeling exhausted and overwhelmed.
Even people who don’t have a history of depression or anxiety may suddenly feel hopeless or like their world is spinning out of control. You may experience dizziness and a tight chest before giving a presentation. Or perhaps you find yourself unable to focus on simple tasks. Feelings of extreme irritability, sadness, or panic may come out of nowhere and affect your relationships at home and work.
The stigma surrounding mental health leads many adults to mask these symptoms and continue with their daily lives. We try to hold everything together, but eventually, even the strongest of people can break. Seeking psychiatric treatment for mental health disorders is nothing to be ashamed of and is a necessary step in the path to emotional wellness.
Twin Cities Metro Mental Health Therapy Services
The psychiatric specialists at West End Consultation Group take a compassionate and comprehensive approach to diagnose and treat mental health disorders. We work with you to assess and diagnose your condition, then take steps to develop a treatment plan tailored to your needs. West End Consultation group offers the following services:
Sometimes you need medication in addition to mental health therapy. It’s our philosophy to treat your condition with the lowest dose possible. Yoga, meditation, and exercise are also incorporated into your treatment as needed to create a well-rounded emotional wellness plan that’s as individual as you.
Mental Health Conditions We Treat
Mental health conditions affect everyone differently. Working with an experienced provider is the only way to get an accurate diagnosis.
- Depressive Disorder: Depression is a common but serious mental health condition. Please seek help immediately if you have overwhelming or persistent feelings of sadness, emptiness, or hopelessness. If you or a loved one are experiencing suicidal thoughts, contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.
- General Anxiety Disorder: Anxiety disorders come in several forms and can be debilitating in severe cases. If you experience overwhelming anxiety, nervousness, difficulty concentrating, or feelings of panic, we can help.
- Bipolar Disorder: People with Bipolar Disorder experience severe highs and lows that are more drastic than typical mood changes. A proper diagnosis, medication, and mental health therapy are critical in helping you find relief from your symptoms.
- Adult ADHD: Chronic disorganization, impulsive behavior, and difficulty paying attention are common signs of ADHD in adults. Our specialists can help you find a treatment plan that helps you address and overcome these symptoms.
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD): Repetitive hand washing, checking on things, and mental compulsions can interfere with your daily activities and social actions. Mental health therapy gives you the tools needed to treat your OCD.
Visit our blog to explore mental health articles written by our Minneapolis team of professionals.
About Our Saint Louis Park Practice
Dr. Marie Olseth, our clinic owner, is a Board-Certified psychiatrist specializing in helping people overcome the emotional barriers impacting their personal and professional lives. Our Minneapolis team also consists of Board-Certified psychiatric providers and a licensed therapist working together to help you achieve emotional wellness.
We believe that providing psychiatric care is about treating the whole patient. It all starts with a thorough assessment of your physical and mental health conditions or concerns. From there, we develop an individualized plan aimed at improving your overall mental health. Learn what to expect at your initial consultation.