At West End Consultation Group, we have the utmost respect for your privacy and confidentiality. Please read this Notice of Privacy Practices to understand how your health information is protected.
New Patient Intake forms and Insurance information
When you schedule your first appointment at West End Consultation Group you will be provided with intake forms that will need to be received by the clinic at least 3 business days prior to your appointment or your appointment may be cancelled. These forms allow our providers the opportunity to prepare for your appointment and our billing and scheduling departments the opportunity to prepare your new patient file prior to your appointment.
Medical Marijuana Policy
Our providers at West End Consultation Group have decided that we will not prescribe any psychiatric medications to people currently using medical marijuana. We respect that it is a legal option for treatment in Minnesota and we are waiting for more feedback from our psychiatric peers in the community who are prescribing psychiatric medications to people on medical marijuana before we change our policy on this.
Controlled Substances Policy
- Our individual providers follow West End Consultation Group maximum dosing guidelines for controlled medications used to treat anxiety, ADHD, and insomnia
- Patients being prescribed controlled substances agree to the possibility of being required to do random toxicology screens in order to get prescriptions of controlled substances.
- Our prescribers may request medical records from recent prescribers before prescribing any psychiatric medications
- Our prescribers do not prescribe pain medications, muscle relaxants, or medical cannabis
- If you are taking narcotic pain medications, medical cannabis, or are abusing drugs or alcohol our providers may not prescribe controlled substances to you
- No controlled substance medications will be prescribed without an in person appointment with a prescriber.
- Taking controlled substances other than how it is prescribed is grounds for termination of care
- Positive toxicology screens is grounds for termination of care
Prescription Refill Policy
All prescription refill requests require an office visit with your provider. Before leaving the office, be sure you have scheduled an appointment before your medications will run out. If you need to reschedule your appointment, make sure to make the rescheduled appointment before your medications run out.
Prior Authorizations for Prescriptions
Prior Authorizations for prescription medications require an office visit with your provider. To avoid the confusion and delays of dealing with prior authorizations and additional office visits, it is very important that you supply us with a copy of your insurance formulary (preferred medications your insurance plan will cover). Your insurance company will require prior authorization for any medication prescribed that is not listed on your formulary.
In order to give you the time and attention you need from your healthcare provider to explain test results, you will be asked to schedule a follow-up appointment to discuss your test results (including lab work).
Forms to be filled out and letters requested by your provider
You will need to schedule an appointment with your provider for any forms that you need filled out or any letter that your are requesting your provider write for you. Bring with you to the appointment any forms, with your sections already filled out, and any addresses and/or fax numbers to send letters and forms.
Payments and Insurance
Payment is due at the time services are rendered. Your payment may consist of an insurance deductible, a co-payment, co-insurance, or full payment for uninsured patients or those services not covered by an insurance plan.
Please be prepared to show your insurance card at every visit. Keeping your records up to date helps us expedite referrals and authorizations necessary for your care and ensures we have the information needed to bill your insurance company accurately and timely.