No Show & Cancellation Policy
If you need to cancel an appointment, please contact us at 952-856-8452 during regular clinic hours (note that this does NOT include Saturday or Sunday), at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment to reschedule to a better time.
The 24-hour period does not include Saturdays or Sundays, so Monday appointments would incur a missed appointment charge if a call or message was sent on Saturday or Sunday to cancel a Monday appointment.
A balance is considered “overdue” when the client has not made a payment on the amount not covered by insurance within 2 billing cycles (60 days) since the appointment.
- Clients with overdue balances exceeding $200 will be required to comply with one of the three options listed below:
- Pay down their balance before being seen for an appointment with a provider
- Pay upfront for their appointment before being seen by a provider
- Reschedule the appointment until their balance is reduced to under $200.
- If a client has a balance that has been outstanding for 90+ days, regardless of the amount, they must pay for any appointment going forward upfront and in full.
Prescription Refill Policy
All prescription refill requests require an office visit with your provider. Also, any medication or dose changes require an office visit. Before leaving the office, be sure you have scheduled an appointment before your medications will run out. If you need to reschedule your appointment, make sure to make the rescheduled appointment before your medications run out.
Prior Authorizations for Prescriptions
Prior Authorizations for prescription medications require an office visit with your provider. To avoid the confusion and delays of dealing with prior authorizations and additional office visits, it is very important that you supply us with a copy of your insurance formulary (preferred medications your insurance plan will cover). Your insurance company will require prior authorization for any medication prescribed that is not listed on your formulary.
Controlled Substance Policy
Learn more about our controlled substance policy.
- Our individual providers follow West End Consultation Group maximum dosing guidelines for controlled medications used to treat anxiety, ADHD, and insomnia
- Patients being prescribed controlled substances agree to the possibility of being required to do random toxicology screens in order to get prescriptions of controlled substances.
- Our prescribers may request medical records from recent prescribers before prescribing any psychiatric medications
- Our prescribers do not prescribe pain medications, muscle relaxants, or medical cannabis
- If you are taking narcotic pain medications, medical cannabis, or are abusing drugs or alcohol our providers may not prescribe controlled substances to you
- No controlled substance medications will be prescribed without an in-person appointment with a prescriber.
- Taking controlled substances other than how it is prescribed is grounds for termination of care
- Positive toxicology screens are grounds for termination of care.
Payments and Insurance
Payment is due at the time services are rendered. Your payment may consist of an insurance deductible, a co-payment, co-insurance, or full payment for uninsured patients or those services not covered by an insurance plan.
Please be prepared to show your insurance card at every visit. Keeping your records up to date helps us expedite referrals and authorizations necessary for your care and ensures we have the information needed to bill your insurance company accurately and timely.
- Medication changes or refills need an in-person appointment at the clinic. No medication changes or refills will be made during phone calls.
- Phone calls longer than 10 minutes will be billed at $40/10minutes.
- West End Consultation Group reserves the right to terminate patients from care when a patient misses two or more scheduled appointments without giving a 24-hour cancellation notice within a 6- month span.
- Missed appointments or cancellations within 24 hours will result in a charge equivalent to the cash rate for the appointment that was missed. This charge is not covered by your insurance and will be billed as your responsibility. Clients with two or more unpaid missed appointment fees are subject to termination of care.
At West End Consultation Group, we have the utmost respect for your privacy and confidentiality. Please read this Notice of Privacy Practices to understand how your health information is protected.
New Patient Intake forms and Insurance information
When you schedule your first appointment at West End Consultation Group you will be provided with intake forms that will need to be received by the clinic at least 3 business days prior to your appointment or your appointment may be cancelled. These forms allow our providers the opportunity to prepare for your appointment and our billing and scheduling departments the opportunity to prepare your new patient file prior to your appointment.
Medical Marijuana Policy
Our providers at West End Consultation Group have decided that we will not prescribe any psychiatric medications to people currently using medical marijuana. We respect that it is a legal option for treatment in Minnesota and we are waiting for more feedback from our psychiatric peers in the community who are prescribing psychiatric medications to people on medical marijuana before we change our policy on this.
Requesting Forms or Letters from Your Provider
If you need any forms filled out by your provider or any letter written by your provider, you will need to schedule an appointment with your provider for completion of these forms and/or letters. You will need to bring these forms to your appointment, with all patient sections already filled out. For letters, you will need to bring the name and contact information of any person and/or department to send the letter, as well as addresses, emails, and/or fax numbers for sending the letter.
There are many factors to consider when moving from an in person visit to a telehealth option. We have updated our telehealth policy to make clients aware of what to consider.